Woking & Sam Beare Hospice are pleased to announce the following position:
Assistant Manager – Walton on Thames
We are a patient-centred charity that delivers palliative and end of life care to thousands of people each year with advanced life-limiting illnesses who live in Northwest Surrey, also providing support to their careers and families inpatient homes, in care or nursing homes or through its In-Patient Unit in the Hospice, as well as through the Bradbury Wellbeing Centre.
You will, therefore, be joining a passionate and dedicated team of professionals that make a real difference to the families across Surrey community.
“A career within the hospice is fulfilling and exciting, working with amazing people all of whom are extremely passionate what they do. I genuinely feel supported to make a difference to the work we do and being the best that we can be.”
A successful Assistant Manager – Walton on Thames will be:
- Positive and proactive with great communication skills and the ability to inspire a team of staff and volunteers.
- Have a can-do, enthusiastic attitude
- Have an eye for detail, strong visual, selling skills, and high standards
- Able to work 5 Days a week, including some weekends
- Be an Ambassador for Woking & Sam Beare Hospices
- Creating a fabulous customer experience
- Tasks will include sorting donations of goods, pricing, assisting with floor layouts and window dressing and an opportunity to support our growth in online sales for the right candidate.
Previous experience in a similar role is advantageous, but not limiting in this position.
Non-Clinical Staff Benefits
We are passionate about our colleagues’ careers. Along with our commitment to provide every colleague with a personal development plan to achieve their vocational goals, we provide the following industry leading benefits:
Annual Leave: 25 days rising to 27 days after 2 years’ service, rising to 28 days after 5 years’ service.
Flexible Working: We fully support flexible working opportunities including working part time depending on the role.
Free Parking: Free parking is available.
Discounted Complementary Therapies: Our Wellbeing Team offer discounted therapies to all members of staff including massages and reflexology and Staff Wellbeing Days.
Blue Light Discount Card: Staff can apply for a Blue Light card that offers discounts across 15,000 retailers.
On Site Café: Our Garden Café based at the Hospice in Goldsworth Park offers a range of hot and cold food options including sandwiches and jacket potatoes. Hot and cold drinks and snacks with a discount offered to all members of staff.