Woking & Sam Beare Hospice are pleased to announce the following position:
Palliative Care Senior Staff Nurse
We are a patient-centred charity that delivers palliative and end of life care to thousands of people each year with advanced life-limiting illnesses who live in Northwest Surrey, also providing support to their careers and families inpatient homes, in care or nursing homes or through its In-Patient Unit in the Hospice, as well as through the Bradbury Wellbeing Centre.
You will, therefore, be joining a passionate and dedicated team of professionals that make a real difference to the families across Surrey community.
“It’s a special type of work looking after patients in the community, a privilege that families let us into their homes at a very difficult time.”
A successful Palliative Care Senior Staff Nurse – Band 6 will be:
- Key member of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills are essential.
- To utilise your advanced nursing skills and knowledge
- Have a can-do, enthusiastic attitude.
- Contribute to the day-to-day management of the Unit in conjunction with the Inpatient Unit Manager.
- Experience of palliative care is desirable; it is not essential as we can offer support through our training and development programme.
- Personal growth in this role with opportunity to develop your clinical and management skills.
A successful candidate will have:
- Registered Nurse
- Relevant post-registration course
- 1st level degree or masters course
- Management/leadership course
- Palliative care qualification
- Mentorship/teaching qualification
- UK Registration
- Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Previous experience in a similar role is advantageous, but not limiting in this position.
Clinical Staff Benefits
We are passionate about our colleagues’ careers. Along with our commitment to provide every colleague with a personal development plan to achieve their vocational goals, we provide the following industry leading benefits:
Annual Leave: 27 days rising to 29 days after five years’ service, rising to 30 days after 10 years’ service. If 10 years NHS service 33 days are granted.
Flexible Working: We fully support flexible working opportunities including working part time depending on the role.
Free Parking: Free parking is available.
Discounted Complementary Therapies: Our Wellbeing Team offer discounted therapies to all members of staff including massages and reflexology and Staff Wellbeing Days.
Blue Light Discount Card: Staff can apply for a Blue Light card that offers discounts across 15,000 retailers.
On Site Café: Our Garden Café based at the Hospice in Goldsworth Park offers a range of hot and cold food options including sandwiches and jacket potatoes. Hot and cold drinks and snacks with a discount offered to all members of staff.