Gifts in Wills, play a vital role in safeguarding our future work. With your support, you enable us to reach those with life-limiting illnesses to live a life as fully as possible and give our patients individual attention and dignity to the end. We deliver our care to local people and their families living in North and Central Surrey.
Our next Will writing month will be 26th September to 28th October 2022. Details will be added soon.
Be a part of our future and leave a gift in your Will
In the past year, gifts in wills have helped contribute towards all our services, including:
- The cost of 24-hour care in our in-patient unit
- Visits by our Community Team to a patients home
How to leave us a gift in your Will
Writing a will is an important decision and can be surprisingly straightforward to do. After you have provided for loved ones, please consider remembering the Hospice in your Will. We can offer information and support to make the process as easy as possible. You can find all the key details you will need below:
- State in your Will that you would like to leave a gift to us. We recommend using a solicitor or professional will writer to ensure your Will is legal and valid.
- Include our name and charity number. This is to make sure the money goes to the right place: Woking Hospice [Registered charity number 1082798] and Sam Beare Hospice [Registered charity number 1115439].
- If you have already included a gift in your Will to us. Please call 01483 742852 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What types of gifts can you leave?
There are three main ways of leaving a gift in your Will:
- Residuary gift - This is a share of your estate. After you have provided for your loved ones, you can leave a share or remainder of your estate to us
- Pecuniary gift - This is a cash gift where you leave an exact sum of money to us
- Specific gift - This can be an item of value such as jewellery, paintings and furniture which we will sell or use as deemed appropriate to the Hospice
Whatever or however you decide to remember us in your Will, we appreciate your support. We’re so very grateful for every single gift we receive. When you add them all together, they make a big difference.
For more information please contact the team:
T: 01483 742852